Sunday, September 11, 2011

~ SUNDAY INSPIRATION ~ In Remembrance of September 11, 2001


September 11, 2001 – a day that will be remembered always. For out of the very worst man was capable of, the very best has been brought forth – through the heroic efforts by firefighters, police and rescue personnel; through the thousands of caring and compassionate volunteers who stepped forward in this time of crisis.

Max Lucado wrote, "We are not as self-centered as we were. We are not as self-reliant as we were." Yes, hearts are pierced, heads are bowed, knees are bent, but united we stand! A glimmer of hope continues to shine through the clouds of darkness and terror.
We read from Psalm 27: "The Lord is my light and my salvation – whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life – of whom shall I be afraid?…When evil men advance against me to devour my flesh, when my enemies and my foes attack me, they will stumble and fall. Though an army besiege me, my heart will not fear; though war break out against me, even then will I be confident.…Hear my voice when I call, O Lord; be merciful to me and answer me. My heart says of you, "Seek his face!" Your face, Lord, I will seek.…Teach me your way, O Lord; lead me in a straight path because of my oppressors.…I am still confident of this: I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord."

And, we see in New York harbor, Lady Liberty’s torch brightly beaconing hope amid these darkest hours of terror. If we hold to the Lord as our light and our salvation there is no darkness so dark that can dim even the tiniest flicker of faith, hope and freedom.


by Fr. Brian Cavanaugh, TOR

No comments:

Post a Comment